Monthly links from the blogosphere: October



With Halloween upon us in October, Gregory reviews what is considered one of the best early horror films The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari [1920] , and also Dawn of the Dead [1978]. Two films I love.

Eric shares mini-reviews of The Descent (2005) and Children of The Corn (1984), a couple of horror films I also watched this month.

SJ Honeywell and Pete Turner both reviewed 28 Days Later. Pete also reviewed Paranormal Activity 4

Sati announces her upcoming 7 Days of Halloween

David at Taste of Cinema lists 20 Classic Horror Movies in Criterion Collection



Bonjour Tristesse has been covering the 2012 Vancouver International Film Festival, read his round-up

Alex at Boycotting Trends was at London Film Festival, and reviewed among others Holy Motors (2012) and Sister (2012)

Andina shares Memorable Movie Moments in the rain

Chip Lary celebrated his 500th post, and recommends ten favorite movies from among the hundreds he has reviewed.

Josh at The Cinematic Spectacle lists Best Cinematography: 2000s, and his Top 10 Favorite Directors of All-Time

Alex Withrow records an audio commentary for his short film EARRINGS (2012)

Nostra watched Sound of My Voice, a 2012 release that I enjoyed.

Mette at Lime Reviews was in London and loved Perks of Being a Wallflower and Liberal Arts

Stephanie reviewed controversial American Psycho

The Droid You're looking For lists Twenty Signs That You’re a Movie Geek

Dan Heaton writes about Top 5 Box-Office Disappointments That I Love

Robert explores Obsessive Cinematic Disorder: Bruce Willis Likes to Time Travel

Michael reviewed Ang Lee's Life of Pi (2012)

Julian at Movies and Other Things discusses the best song for the 2013 Oscars

EMSLF shares clips and writes about why she loves the TV-show The Big Bang Theory

This year, worldsbestfilms compiled Top Ranked Black and White Films

Too Fond of Books asks What is Your Favorite Book?

18 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! This is quite an epic list of links. I'll have to check them out when I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the two links, Chris! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the mention, man! And I'll look forward to checking out these links. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the linkage,Chris.Need to dig other links here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the link, Chris. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeeeeez! That's a hell of a lot of links Chris! Thanks very much for including me! You have been busy reading! Loving all the horror stuff around at the moment... I'm in horror heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot for the link love, always appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments, all of you!

    @Dan and @Pete : I agree there are quite a number of links here, so maybe I need to consider cutting back next time, so not to overwhelm my readers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the link, Chris! I'm working on another batch of mini-reviews for later this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Eric: You're welcome! I shall keep an eye out for your reviews.

      As a matter of fact, a few minutes ago, I just uploaded my own horror mini-reviews.

      Delete
  11. Dude, thank you SO MUCH for the link to my commentary. That really means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the link!!! Really appreciate the mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Robert: Any time. Still need to see Looper, can't seem to find the time with my ongoing horror marathon

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the linkage. Sorry for being so late on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Chip Lary: No problem! Thanks for all your comments today, I'll answer them tomorrow.

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails