I received an award!


Sati at cinematic corner gave me the Liebster blog award, thanks for thinking of me!

The rules are that the winners (in this case me) have to pay forward to other people whose sites are worth the recognition. If they accept the award, they should: thank the person who nominated them; nominate five other favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers, and copy/paste the Liebster Blog Icon into their post.

Here are my picks. Congratulations to the 5 winners of the Liebster blog award below! I urge you to check out their sites when you get the chance


1.)
Inspired Ground: Andina is a good friend, from Indonesia, we have known each other for a while in the blogosphere, I was her first blogger friend to leave regular comments on her site. She's one of the friendliest and most warm-hearted bloggers I've met, and always answers comments with a smile. Her posts and reviews keep improving, and her number of followers continues to grow. A fellow LAMB, so mostly movie-related, and occasional music posts. She used to be on blogspot, so that counts in my book ( :

2.)
Alex Withrow, the author of And So It Begins, is not afraid to speak his opinion, be it positive or negative reviews of film. A cinephile from the US with a love for many of the famous directors of past and present. Judging from his top films of 2011, I think we have a similar taste, both enjoying independent cinema. He only has 42 followers, should have a lot more! He is fairly new to the LAMB.

3.)
Cinemascope
From India, Shubhajit has been called 'king of capsule' He writes in English, and I have known him for some time now. He is articulate, says much with few words, my vocabulary improves by reading his film reviews. He is a self proclaimed cineaste, with a capital C I might add. You can tell he has a passion for film and Shubhajit also enjoys discussions in the comments on his site. Has an eclectic taste, enjoys cinema from all over the world, English-language, and foreign language film.

4.)
The newest discovery on the list is a great site I found by writer Lisa Thatcher. From Australia, she pens interesting articles and reviews, and has a wide range of interests, books, film, and music. Oh, and did I say Lisa is a real writer.

5.)
Indiehere Since 50 percent of my blog is music, a shout out to a music blog where I frequently find lesser known tunes to enjoy, and what's brilliant is you can stream the tracks on his playlist. Updated often. Indie. here. Enough said.


Sorry to those I didn't mention, if I had made a top 10 a few more internet-friends would have been included ( :

Happy blogging, and hope my tips are useful! I try and stop by and leave comments on your blogs/sites as often as time allows. All these different countries...I do get about, don't I !

Cheers to everyone who share their thoughts on my blog.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Chris. I do indeed speak my mind (sometimes to a fault haha). Cheers to you brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea for an award, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Chris for the award and the really kind words. I don't know whether I really deserve so much praise, but I'll accept it with as much graciousness as possible :)

    It has really been great knowing you and your wonderful blog. I hope the association keeps flourishing with time. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks so much Chris for the award! The absolute very best thing about it is, I have discovered your blog and the other 4 beautiful blogs on your great list. What a beautiful world exists for those of us who love film and music!
    I'm subscribing to you and the others on the list.
    Thanks again
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. I'm glad this got around to you, and nice to see that you nominated Lisa. I've said in the past that I've always considered these things more of a nuisance than an award, but even so, they are a great way to discover some new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award! Looking forward to checking out the blogs you nominated. I could use some more to add to my reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thanks Chris! I was seeing this award in some bloggers and thought must've been nice to receive one. What a nice gesture during valentine :) <= did it again!
    Thought I should give you an award. I should pick another 5 again?
    Thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Alex Withrow: You’re welcome! I enjoy visiting your site, and reading your opinions.

    @Robert: Thanks, I noticed you guys at To The Escape Hatch also got the award here:
    http://splendidandlovely.blogspot.com/2012/02/ich-leibe-dich-auch-liebster-award.html
    Maybe we'll see 5 more liebster award picks from you?

    @Shubhajit: You deserve recognition. A lot of blogs die a slow death, you have consistently posted for a long time, and continue to do so!! ( :

    @Lisa Thatcher: I hope my award sends some traffic in your direction. Glad to spread the word about the other blogs! I agree, the blogosphere is a beautiful world for meeting like-minded people, and discovering films/music/books that we might not otherwise have heard of ( :

    @Bonjour Tristesse: Yes, the liebster blog award is a great way to find some new sites. I see you found indiehere and Alex’s blog, so you got something out of reading. You would have made my top 5, but you have over 200 followers already.

    @Eric: Thanks, hope you find a few new blogs/sites to follow and enjoy. By the way, if you want to visit even more film review sites, or music blogs, check my sidepanel ( :

    @Andina: Happy to have put a smile on your face, thanks again for also giving me the award ( :

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails