7x7 Link Award




Thank you Sati at cinematic corner for giving me the 7x7 award !

Evidently I’m a little late to the party, most of the blogging community I mingle in have already posted their contributions ( :


Rules are:
1.) Tell everyone something that no one else knows about you.
2.) Link to one of the posts that I personally think best fits the following categories: Most Beautiful Piece, Most Helpful Piece, Most Popular Piece, Most Controversial Piece, Most Surprisingly Successful Piece, Most Underrated Piece, and Most Pride-Worthy Piece.
3.) Pass the award on to seven other bloggers.

1.) Tell everyone something that no one else knows about you: A few years back I had a major scare. I was driving home, feeling spent, rubbed my eye which made me momentarily blind for a couple of seconds, and the car swerved into the opposite lane. Luckily nobody was coming towards me from the other direction, so I cheated death! I could have been killed, and so could the oncoming traffic. I guess the lesson to be learned is avoid driving when you’re tired.


2.) Link to one of the posts that I personally think best fits the following categories:

Most Beautiful Piece: Beautiful writing or beautiful images? Screenshots from my review of underrated indie film A Love Song For Bobby Long (2004)
In terms of writing, I still find myself going back to what I wrote about The Double Life Of Veronique


Most Helpful Piece: helpful? Perhaps what I wrote about Malick's Tree of Life, and made a collection of lots of different opinions.


Most Popular Piece: According to my stats on blogger, 2001: A Space Odyssey got the most all-time hits. 2001 is a film that is difficult to decipher, and I give possible interpretations. Lots of memorable screenshots help to increase traffic. Could also have something to do with the rare Kubrick quotes, ahem..


Most Controversial Piece: The Social Network is among my top 10 films of 2010 (10th position), yet I shamelessly bashed it anyway, ha ha (was a poor year for film in my humble opinion)


Most Surprisingly Successful Piece: Three Colours: Blue A lot of fans of the first part of Kieslowski's Three Colors trilogy apparently. It's a pretty sad and melancholic film, darker than White and Red I thought, so the love for Blue in the blogosphere surprised me a little. I have a suspicion that readers liked the beautiful and mysterious screenshots I selected.


Most Underrated Piece: Notes on a scandal. I have read the book and regard the film as among the most overlooked of the 00s. I researched for the review quite a bit, so hopefully is an interesting piece!


Most Pride-Worthy Piece: I keep changing my mind. I'm going to go with The Shining An informative look at Kubrick's masterpiece, with screenshots I'm very happy about as well. A horror film that cannot be "solved", but I include various interpretations anyway.


and finally...

3.) Pass the award on to seven other bloggers: (Attempting to give the 7x7 prize to those cinephiles who to my knowledge haven’t won the award yet)

Andina
Eric
Lisa
3guys1movie
Niels85
Max
Dusty (if ever anyone deserved funniest blogger at lammy awards, he does. For the record, 3guys1movie would be a close 2nd)

I enjoy reading your blogs, and I'm glad to have met you all, I look forward to reading your 7x7 Link Award posts! Happy blogging everyone !

10 comments:

  1. Congrats for the award, and thanks for passing it to me (again) :D :) That's some scary moment there, some lesson to be learned in hard way I guess! I remember your social network review there, I sensed you like the movie but you still want to critique the movie anyway :) Have a nice sunday, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Andina: You're welcome! (again) :D Was a wake-up call to be more careful on the roads! Correct, I enjoyed Social Network, had a few problems which I elaborate in my piece. Noticed Cherokee also gave you the award.
      Looking forward to your 7x7 post, then! You too, have a great day!( :

      Delete
  2. Oh gee, thanks for the award Chris!

    Being a fairly recent follower of your blog I am interested in reading some more about some of the pieces you linked on this post, especially on "2001", which is one of those films that lends itself to many interpretations.

    I'll be posting this soon and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @niels85: No problem! Ditto, if you decide to do a 7x7 award post, I'll take a look at what pieces you share. This award thingy is indeed a great way to get people to read/comment on older reviews !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Careful on the roads! The Shining is amazing. It made it into my 7x7 post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Robert: Thanks, yes we only live once! The Shining is great blogging material. Congrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for sending this my way, Chris! I'll see about firing up my post tonight. Great batch of articles you linked to, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Eric: You're welcome! I like the idea of the this award. I commented on your 7x7 post today. We do a lot of congratulating each other in the blogosphere. Praise is always nice, giving or receiving ( :

      Delete
  7. Oh - I am so behind! I just saw this!
    Chris - thanks so much. I get so little internet time, I can usually fit in about 4 or 5 regular blog visits, but you are always on that list Chris. I really enjoy your blog and find myself coming back here all the time.
    Because I'm a newcomer, the links to previous articles are brilliant!
    thanks again for the recognition.... I will cross link back to you every time we write in common!
    Oh - and thank god you decided to open your eyes while driving - that's my safety tip for the day! Ha ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lisa: Congrats on your award ( : Likewise, I also enjoy your site. To run with that blind spot reference, I'm "bedazzled" by your unrelenting articles I receive in my email box. I suppose you use all those findings and art in your writing.
      I will try and be careful in traffic, promise ( : Speaking of, I hope nothing has happpened to Bonjour Tristesse, he's not posted for a week now, which is unlike him, usually we are treated to daily reviews...

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails