Songs for your iPod

Oh my god – Cocoon

(Beautiful dreamy album sleeve. Gives me chills at 2.50, “and I almost forgot you were here too”)



...

I Wanna Be Adored - The Raveonettes (The Stone Roses cover)

(Better than the original? I think so)



...

Bodies in motion - Laurie Anderson

(For me among the best tracks on her 2010 album Homeland. Amazing home-made video, worth a look even if you don't care for the music. Another Day in America is also interesting-more like a speech than a song)



Readers, any thoughts on this week's music?

3 comments:

  1. Exceptional piece of writing. I appreciate songs for my ipod deeply. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another round of great selections, I especially love that Cocoon track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @English songs: Thanks for reading!

    @Bonjour Tristesse: the Cocoon track "Oh my god" is so powerful and underrated. The album sleeve is some of the best album artwork of 2010 I've seen.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails