80s Thursday - Best songs of 1980 (part 13)





Album: Remain in Light by Talking Heads 
Listen to:
Once In A Lifetime 
Born Under Punches






Album: Flesh + Blood by Roxy Music
Listen to:
Same Old Scene
Oh Yeah!
Over You






Album: Dumb Waiters by The Korgis 

Beck would later record a cover of the song for the soundtrack to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

Listen: 


Best songs of 1980 (part 1) (part 2) (part 3) (part 4) (part 5) (part 6) (part 7) (part 8) (part 9) (part 10) (part 11) (part 12) (part 13)


5 comments:

  1. The only thing I remember from this post is Talking Heads. And I am not sure if I liked them or not. It's been a long time since I listened to anything of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Wendell: That Talking Heads album is high up on many lists of the best albums of 1980. I prefer their 1979 album, but Remain in Light is a classic

      Delete
  2. Haha, your mention of "Dumb Waiters" makes me want to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Josh: Yep, Beck’s cover of Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime is really good too. Talking of Beck-I heard his new album is out in Nov 2016.

      Delete
    2. @Josh: Actually Beck's album may not arrive until 2017, it keeps getting postponed, we'll see.

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails