Unreleased 80s Prince songs you should hear






With the new Prince song I shared yesterday reminding me of his vault, I did a bit of googling. I discovered quite a few leaked unreleased songs. some good, others not. The best of my finds you can listen to below:

Moonbeam Levels (1982)

Extraloveable (1982)

Do Yourself A Favor (1982)

Lust U Always (1982)

Empty Room (1985)

All My Dreams (1985)

My Baby Knows (feat. Jill Jones)

Heaven (1985)

Up From Below (instrumental) (1986)

Jealous Girl (1987)

4 Lust (duet with Jill Jones) (1987)

Dance With The Devil (1989)

Love (Never has 2 say goodbye) (1995)


4 comments:

  1. I know there's a bunch of unreleased stuff that Prince did including Camille, some stuff w/ the Revolution, and the legendary collaboration he did with Miles Davis. That's the one I'm most interested in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @thevoid99: Susan Rodgers, creator of the vault and his former sound engineer, says in an interview (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu273pvAd_w) her favorite unreleased is Moonbeam Levels (1982), and it’s beautiful.
      From Camille, Rebirth Of The Flesh you can only listen to as a live rehearsal, it’s quite funky. According to princevault.com, the rest of the Camille songs are on other Prince albums.
      http://yourlisten.com/thecloud/rebirth-of-the-flesh-live-rehearsal
      I’ve read Can I Play With U? was sent on tape to Miles Davis, and Davis added trumpet. This is a bootleg of that song: http://yourlisten.com/Revolution81/can-i-play-with-u

      Delete
  2. I am actually a huge Prince fan. His was the first concert I ever attended! He will always have a special place in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @msmariah: He’s a great artist! I’ve heard Prince is a great live act, so I’m jealous you got to see him perform.

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails