Songs for your iPod

A few 2011 songs out of category I couldn't label. A new album for fans of the Drive soundtrack!

Wall Street - Van Dyke Parks


(Thanks for sharing Zach at welistenforyou, was his no 1 song of 2011. Really grows on you. Read what he thought here)

Van Dyke Parks, "Wall Street" by Evankindley

...

Tell Me A Tale - Michael Kiwanuka


(A lot of retro 80s music doing the rounds, here's a retro 70s tune from 2011)



...
Acknowledgement - Letter And Lines


(The lyrics are very me at the moment)



...

ps



For fans of the Drive soundtrack, check out this December 2011 release. I'm already a fan of Johnny Jewel's band Glass Candy. Read more about Themes For an Imaginary Film here

Symmetry: Themes For an Imaginary Film / by Johnny Jewel


SYMMETRY / THEMES FOR AN IMAGINARY FILM by JOHNNY JEWEL


Let me know what you think in the comments below...

6 comments:

  1. The first track is a bit too dissonant for me. Though I would probably enjoy watching it performed live.

    I love the second one. I think because the 70's are my favorite era in pop music.

    The third is also pretty good.

    Wow the last one really makes me wish there was a film to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bonjour Tristesse: Thanks for sharing your views, the 1970s are not a period I have listened to a great deal, I probably should. Any suggestions of artists to explore are welcome.
    There's a list of desert island discs I hope to listen to in future, some of those could well be 70s, on the sidebar of his blog:
    http://knifeinthehead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's mostly because that was the music I heard in my early years from my parents collection. All artists you've probably heard of before like Bowie, Elton John, Led Zeppelin, Marvin Gaye, Neil Young, Stevie Wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bonjour Tristesse: I'm guilty (or blessed) with having listened to my parents' music while growing up as well. Thanks for those tips, Elton John's early albums from the 70s I remember thinking were much stronger material than what he's releasing these days, probably the same can be said for most of the mentions. I will try and fit in some 70s music in 2012 here on the blog ( :

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..very interesting music you have here, I like it! Happy to see Michael Kiwanuka here, he is an alumni of my university and I love his music- try Home again! He has a fantastic voice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Aziza: Glad the tunes are to your liking ( : Yes, the word is Michael Kiwanuka is one of the most promising artists of 2012, thanks for telling me about the track ( :

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails