New Christmas song by Phoenix feat. Bill Murray






Released on 4th of December 2015, it's called "Alone on Christmas Day" and is a cover version of a little-known Beach Boys Christmas song from the 70s. Phoenix’s version features a little help from Bill Murray, Jason Schwartzman, former “Letterman” musical director Paul Shaffer, and New York Dolls’ David Johansen, and appears in the Netflix original holiday special, A Very Murray Christmas (2015), directed by Sofia Coppola. All profits from the song will go to UNICEF. Despite the melancholy title, the song is surprisingly cheerful and optimistic. I'm liking it and I hope it gets you in the Christmas spirit as well.







6 comments:

  1. I want to hear the song but I want to hear it when I see the TV special as I downloaded because it's Sofia Coppola as I hope to see it later this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @thevoid99: Listening while you watch makes sense, I wasn't so patient. I just noticed the Phoenix song because was promoted on the guardian site

      Delete
  2. Very cool. I just bought a copy. Thanks for the tip off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rol: Nice, glad my recommendation was useful to you

      Delete
  3. A Very Murray Christmas was interesting. Whoever thought we'd see Miley Cyrus, George Clooney, and Bill Murray together on screen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Josh: Yes, quite the cast they assembled. I hope to see A Murray Christmas either next December or another year.

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails