Film review: 5 centimeters per second (2007)


I love beautiful movies, and this is highly recommended, if you enjoy that kind of thing. I urge you to watch the trailer below!
I seldom watch animated films, but this has some of the most dazzling visuals you are ever likely to see! Kyle over at enterthemovies recommended this 1 hour Japanese feature. Directed by Makoto Shinkai, the story is a series of short films on love and distance. The atmosphere draws you in more than the actual voice-overs. Might make you fall in love with nature all over again! For me, words don’t do the film justice, so I’ll leave you with some screenshots instead :



















Imdb

Rottentomatoes

Trailer

Readers, any thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. Interesting. I miss seeing Anime :) Have you seen 'Spirited Away'? It's a great animation with high imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see 'Spirited Away', the flying dragon reminded me a bit of "the neverending story". I think I liked 5 cen. per second more, even though it's not so famous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ moviesandsongs365 : I'm not sure if they do anything, but we have talked a fair amount so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May the spirit of Dudley Moore come down your chimney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this film too! I'm a big fan of anime in general to be honest and this film is a wonderful example of how subtle and sumptuous anime movies can be. It's also nice to see somebody taking note of alternatives to Studio Ghibli, the equally beautiful and dominating force of the anime big screen. Great choice! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Sam : Happy to spread the word! Like I said in my review, animated films are not usually my taste, but this film I will cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am literally very impressed with this wonderful review of the 5 Centimeters per Second. You have just set my mood to watch it as soon as possible. I have been spending time at home with my kids so creating a good watch list. Recently added the shows by Andy Yeatman and now will add some anime movies too to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @diego78: Thanks. It's a beautifully animated film!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails