The Liebster Award
Two bloggers were kind enough to recently pass on to me the Liebster award, SJ Honeywell at 1001plus, and Sati from Cinematic Corner
Here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. NO TAG BACKS
11 things about me:
1.) I have a bachelor degree and went to library school, I'm glad I did, because opened my eyes to lit. Today I don't have a job because I'm very introverted and have an energy problem(that explains why I don't blog every day, and only go on twitter occasionally.)
2.) I'd like to write a novel, and have been researching for a while. I don't really want to go into it in detail, because if others start getting involved I feel it is no longer my project. In fact, I may decide to take a long hiatus from blogging soon to focus on that.
3.) People I meet either think I'm smart or stupid. The truth is I'm neither and somewhere in between.
4.) My parents are very important to me. Maybe I never grew up? ( :
5.) I have a mild case of tinnitus, but have gotten used to it. Helps to stay away from chocolate, coffee and tea, which are known to make it worse.
6.) Probably, my favorite movie is 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), even though I haven't seen it in a theatre (yet)
7.) I don't like the bright sunshine, I find it draining.
8.) I am surprised to have found so many friendly people from The Lamb community who want to communicate. Joining has exceeded my expectation levels.
9.) My home library is full of books that I haven't read yet. Doesn't stop me from adding more to my collection...There are not enough hours in the day for a curious-minded person...ps The image below is NOT from my home.
10.) I didn't wash the windows outdoors for 10 years, and was incredibly ashamed for so long. I finally did it in 2012, and they weren't even dirty, beause rain had cleaned them...
11.) I eat baked beans on toast most days, because I've heard the protein can help keep your energy levels up. (since I don't drink coffee). The sugar in the can, however, is not so good, so I eat it sparingly.
I have been asked to answer 11 questions by Sati:
1. What is your favorite movie scene?
Al Pacino’s speech in Scent of A Woman (1992). It’s about friendship, integrity, redemption, and who you are at the core, not standing for bullshit, being yourself, and one man making a difference
2. Your favorite performance?
Swedish actor Per Oscarsson in Hunger (1966). He won best actor at Cannes Film Festival that year. Just displays such a range of emotions, stunning work. Haunting, underappreciated gem.
3. Movie character that is most similar to you?
Good question! Maybe Charlotte from Lost in Translation (2003) Her introspection, daydreaming, boredom with shallowness, sense of humour, curiosity, honesty, wanting to connect and be understood. I wonder what Charlotte is doing with her life now…
4. Favorite movie quote?
“You'll figure that out. The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.”
5. What is one movie where you would change actual director/actor/actress for someone else?
James Cameron should have directed Terminator 3 and 4. Actors? I don’t like Daniel Craig, he has no personality as Bond, always the same facial expression. Also, when British actors use American accents, I find it tiresome. Primary Colors (1998) and The Cider House Rules (1999) are not in my good books for that reason.
6. What is the first film you saw?
The Wizard of Oz (1939)
7. Would you change any character's fate? If so, whose and for what?
The UK documentary Dreams of a life (2011) is my favorite film so far of 2012, and I would change what happens to the main character.
8. Your favorite track from movie soundtrack?
This year, I’m loving Blade Runner Blues, by Vangelis. From the Blade Runner soundtrack. Beautiful, and I don't get tired of that disc.
9. What book would you like to see adapted for screen?
Catcher in the Rye, perhaps? JD Salinger refused them, now that he’s dead, there is a small chance.
10. Favorite guilty pleasure movie?
Uncle Buck (1989) The characters just make me smile, I think it’s John Candy funniest movie. I also like the message. Sometimes I feel like the 'Uncle Buck' of my family...
11. Favorite trailer?
The Tree Of Life – goosebumps every time.
SJ Honeywell came up with these questions and here are my responses:
1. At a movie theater, what snacks do you buy? Or do you sneak them in? If money were no object, what would be your movie theater snack of choice?
I never buy snacks, period, due to the price
2. What's the first movie that really scared you?
The Wizard of Oz (1939). Ohhh the evil witch with the green makeup. As a 5-year-old kid, I thought she was a witch for real ! Also those monkeys to a lesser extent...
3. The television show/book/graphic novel/other thing I would really love to see adapted to film is : Night Train To Lisbon. In fact currently filming with Jeremy Irons has me excited!
4. If you like horror movies, why do you like them? If not, why not?
I don't call myself a horror movie buff. That said, I was pleasantly surprised this year to delve into the work of director Dario Argento, and in fact enjoyed his style of filmmaking. Appreciate how in his best films he can marry a suspenseful crime story with visual creativity
5. If you could be any movie character, who would you be, and why?
I wouldn't want to be anyone else. Perhaps Owen Wilson at the end of Midnight in Paris ?
6. Why did you start blogging? What keeps you going?
To meet like-minded cinephiles and music enthusiasts. I think habit keeps me going.
7. What movie would you most like to see again for the first time with no prior knowledge?
Fight Club (1999)
8. If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
Kind and respectful towards other people. Had a positive impact on those I met.
9. What is the best or most useful class in school you have ever taken?
That's a tough one. I went to school for years, but most of what I'm good at is self-taught
10. Describe your favorite article of clothing.
Jacket. Similar to what Mel Gibson wore in Lethal Weapon 4. I wear it all year round. That reminds me...I should give it a wash soon ( :
11. If there was one household chore I could get away with never doing again, it would be
Washing the dishes
I'm passing this award to these great blogs. If I've linked to you below, you're next. Winners, remember it is strictly voluntary, so feel free to ignore this.I have picked blogs that I don't believe have been gifted the award so far. If they have, well, no harm, no foul...
Shala from Life Between Films
Eric from The Warning Sign
Pete from I Love That Film (a nice surprise for when he returns from honeymoon)
Keith - from Obscurendure
Alex from Boycotting Trends
Julian from DWC
"The Kid" - from Kid In The Front Row Film Blog
Niels85 from The Blog Of Big Ideas
Mette from Lime Reviews (currently on vacation)
Michael Troutman from I Shoot The Pictures
Kev from Burning Reels (one of my favorite film/music blogs, doesn't post very often)
My 11 questions for the 11 winners:
1.) When and how did you become interested in movies?
2.) Who is your favorite director, and why?
3.) What is your favorite movie discovered in 2012 (old or new), and why?
4.) If you had to recommend any movie you think everyone should watch, what would it be, and why?
5.) Have you been to a film festival, and how was the experience?
6.) Which soundtrack or score do you keep going back to?
7.) What films do you find yourself daydreaming about every so often?
8.) Who do you talk movies with in real life, outside of blogosphere ?
9.) Favorite film poster?
10.) What movie is the record holder that you have seen the most times, and why?
11.) Which movie websites (not blogs) do you visit?