Songs for your iPod

Some 2011 tracks by female singers this week, enjoy!

Black - Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi feat. Norah Jones

(By far the best track on the album for me)


Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - Garbage (U2 Cover)

(An impressive cover that stays with you, I'm told Garbage's 5th studio album is out in 2012. Somehow her voice seems different than the 90s?)


The Hunger - Shirley Manson & Serj Tankian

(She's one of my favourite singers, and this new song is also haunting)

Listeners, any thoughts on the above music?


  1. Every time I hear the opening of that Black song I think of Hotel California.

    The U2 cover didn't leave a lasting impression on me.

    That last track is excellent though.

  2. @Bonjour Tristesse: I hadn't connected it to Hotel California, interesting. I guess music is so subjective that I shouldn't write stays with you, but stayed with "me".
    Glad some of the music pleased you, anyway!



Related Posts with Thumbnails