Liebster Award x2




'



I've been nominated for Liebster Awards by Pete Turner at I Love That Film and Michaël Parent at Le Mot du Cinephiliaque. Thank you to both and go check out their sites if you are not already familiar with them.


When you are nominated, there are a few simple rules to follow in order to accept your award:

1. Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
2. Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive the coveted award.
3. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
4. Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Give the nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post their nomination.


I’m just going to answer the questions this time. I’m not going to list random facts or nominate anyone, because I’ve done that already in the past here.




Pete’s 11 questions:
1. If you could work on a film set, what would be your ideal role?
2. What is the best ending to a film ever?
3. If you could have one actor or actresses' career, whose would it be?
4. If you could be any film character, who would it be?
5. What is the ideal length for a film to be?
6. Are there particular things in films that make you cry?
7. Who is your favourite director?
8. What is your favourite film not in the English language?
9. What is your favourite film blog?
10. If there was one film you could destroy forevermore, what would it be?
11. Can a film change your life?



1. Definitely not in front of the camera, I’m too shy for that. Something behind the scenes.

2. Good question. There are so many. The ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) continues to give me chills. The final scenes in Fight Club (1999) and The Shawshank Redemption (1994) are great too.

3. Robert DeNiro, and I would say no to all those recent cash grab movies he did. Be more selective.

4. Who wouldn’t want to be 007 for a day?

5. The story dictates how long it needs to be. I prefer under two hours in one sitting, but there are exceptions.

6. Neglected, lonely people

7. Probably a tie between David Lynch and Stanley Kubrick

8. hmm, according to my top 100 it’s The Decalogue (1989), which is technically a TV-mini-series.

9. My own? :)

10. I wouldn’t destroy anything someone put effort into creating. No matter how bad, there’s always someone who loves a particular movie, so I wouldn’t want to rob them of their enjoyment.

11. Yes, if you see it at the right time and the right age.





Michaël’s 11 questions:
1-What is your best film related memory?
2-Citizen Kane or How Green Was My Valley? Why?
3-Frank Capra or Howard Hawks? Why?
4-What is your favorite movie genre?
5-Do you give much importance to lists like AFI’s 100s, the Sight and Sound’s Top 10, etc.?
6-Is your daytime job is related to films in any means?
7-How long have you been blogging about films and what keeps you going at it?
8-What would be the movie that could define you? Why?
9-Name a celebrity that could be your doppelganger?
10-What it the best film you’ve watched lately?
11-Recommend a movie that almost no one has ever seen and that should be more recognized.



1. Seeing Titanic in the cinema changed how I perceive the film medium. I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes. I still think it contains the best special effects of all-time, because it looked so real.

2. I can’t really answer that. I’ve only seen Citizen Kane, which I admire.

3. Right now I prefer Frank Capra, there’s more warmth in his films. Howard Hawks’ work I often find a bit heavy going in terms of the dialogue.

4. I like drama, although I’m open to most genres. Depends what mood I’m in. I sometimes do crazy marathons when I watch the same genre for a month.

5. I do look at film lists, and take from them what intrigues me, or is deemed must-see. I’m not a completist. I do top 10s by year on the blog.

6. Updating my blog is film related. I don't currently have a job.

7. I’ve been at it since April 2010. I like having a journal of mini-reviews and music lists, so I can go back and read what I thought of a film, or which music I enjoyed from past years.

8. Don’t really know how to answer that.

9. haha, well I don’t think I have a doppelganger in Hollywood. I was told in high school by a girl I looked a little like Johnny Depp because of my dark features.

10. Best film I saw recently was Il Sorpasso (1962)

11.) I don't watch unknown movies anymore. Time is precious, so these days I prefer to stick to films that have a good reputation. You’re Canadian, right? Have you seen Siblings (2004) with Sarah Polley? An underrated black comedy. To me it was funny, in a dark, twisted way.




2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award, Chris! :)

    LOVE that The Decalogue is your favorite film not in English. I missed the theatrical re-release of Titanic, but I hope to see it in a theater one day. It's made for a big screen. I hadn't heard of Siblings, but I might have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Josh: Thanks :) The Decalogue is a masterpiece and agree Titanic was made for a big screen!
      Siblings is obscure, but worthwhile, especially if you enjoy dialogue between siblings :)

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails