Predictions for the 2016 Oscars




My predictions in all of the 24 categories. I haven't seen everything, so a few of the picks are based on which are considered favorites to win. Best Picture was actually the trickiest as I think it could easily go to Spotlight because of that films important topic. However Spotlight has the backing of a smaller studio in Open Road Films, so I'm guessing The Revenant (distributed by 20th Century Fox) has more money for its oscar campaign.
Best Supporting actor is also a very close race, with Stallone, Ruffalo and Rylance all in with a shot at winning.
I would love to see World of Tomorrow win for Best Animated Short Film, which to me is a masterpiece. Bear Story (which I've seen and is very good) and Sanjay’s Super Team appear to be the frontrunners in that category.




BEST PICTURE: The Revenant

BEST DIRECTOR: Alejandro González Iñárritu, The Revenant

BEST ACTOR: Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant

BEST ACTRESS: Brie Larson, Room

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Sylvester Stallone, Creed

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Alicia Vikander, The Danish Girl

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Spotlight

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: The Big Short

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE: Inside Out

BEST FOREIGN-LANGUAGE FILM: Son of Saul

BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE: Amy

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: The Revenant

BEST FILM EDITING: Mad Max: Fury Road

BEST COSTUME DESIGN: Cinderella

BEST MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING: Mad Max: Fury Road

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN: Mad Max: Fury Road

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE: Ennio Morricone, The Hateful Eight

BEST ORIGINAL SONG: Til It Happens to You by Lady Gaga (The Hunting Ground)

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

BEST SOUND MIXING: The Revenant

BEST SOUND EDITING: Mad Max: Fury Road

BEST ANIMATED SHORT: Sanjays Super Team

BEST LIVE-ACTION SHORT: Shok

BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT: Body Team 12



Update: I got 15 of 24 correct




6 comments:

  1. Interesting. But just imagine if Mad Max wins Best Picture. I will do cartwheels to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Pete: haha, well Mad Max Fury Road won 6 out of 10, so did very well last night.

      Delete
  2. I only predicted 16 out of 24 categories and got 11 of 'em right. Hey I also thought Cinderella would win Best Costume Design but since Sandy Powell was also nominated for Carol, I think she might've split her own votes. I just posted my recap up, boy I didn't see the Spotlight win coming, I also thought The Revenant was gonna win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ruth: Spotlight was surprising. I went with Cinderella because those types of costume dramas have won in that category in the past. 11 of 16 is well done!

      Delete
  3. In a year with some tight races, you did very well. Lol, the shorts are usually a killer, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Josh: Yeah, tight races did make the predictions tricky! I did a better job in previous years.

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails