2015 Anticipated albums (August - December)






Depression Cherry by Beach House (August 28)

(NPR First Listen provided me with a preview. Hands down my favorite album of 2015 so far. Good from start to finish. They've still got it!)







Poison Season by Destroyer (August 28)

(listen to Times Square)

(2011's Kaputt I consider among the best albums of the decade, so this follow-up comes with lofty expectations. Played the record on NPR First Listen, and it's not as accessible as Kaputt. I like the track Sun in the Sky, but didn't connect with the other new material...so far)







HITNRUN by Prince (September 7)

(listen to HARDROCKLOVER)

(Clearly Prince is past his peak, though he is still capable of making a good song now and again)








Honeymoon by Lana Del Rey (September 18)

(listen to Terrence Loves You , HoneymoonHigh By The Beach

(I loved her last two albums. I was a bit sceptical about these teaser tracks at first, but they are growing on me. My favorite is Terrence Loves You)








 B'lieve I'm Goin Down by Kurt Vile (September 25)

(listen to Pretty Pimpin)








Fading Frontier by Deerhunter (October 16)

(listen to Snakeskin)

(The teaser track is not as great as his older stuff. Hopefully the rest of the album delivers)








 Divers by Joanna Newsom (October 23)

(listen to Sapokanikan)

(The teaser is unmistakably Newsom, and is a song you can listen to 10x and still not fully grasp. If the rest of the output is as ambitious as that, we could have another great album from her)




Which albums are you looking forward to for the rest of 2015? As always, comments are welcome.

14 comments:

  1. I just downloaded the new Beach House. The one I'm excited for is Deerhunter. They're my boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @thevoid99: Hope you enjoy the new Beach House, I did.

      Looking forward to the Deerhunter album as well

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to the Prince, obviously, and Lana del Rey efforts. Haven't really paid attention to what else is coming out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Wendell Ottley: Me too, hope they are worth the wait!

      Delete
  3. I am already in love with Depression Cherry. One of my favourite Beach House albums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Angela Nite: Beach House haven’t really evolved much on the new album, which some critics complained about, but I like they still sound the same!

      Delete
  4. I saw Beach House in concert a few years ago, when they opened for Vampire Weekend, and it was seeing them live that turned me into a fan. There is something almost magical about what they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Fisti: Beach House are definitely an important band from this decade, they have an alluring, dreamy style. There is something magical about their music. Haven’t seen them live, would like to

      Delete
  5. Listening to the Lana del Rey tracks you linked to now - I had no idea she was releasing a new album. It only feels like a couple of months ago when her last album was released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jaina: Ultraviolence was out last summer, so only been 14 months since her last album! I have moderate expectations based on those new Lana tracks, they are pretty good, but not life changing tunes.

      Delete
  6. Man I'm out of the loop this year. Thanks for the heads up on the new Destroyer -- gonna have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric @ The Warning Sign: Destroyer’s latest is decent, but not as great as 2011’s Kaputt (which I just ranked #1 of the decade in my blogpost today)

      Delete
  7. I didn't really care for Beach House's latest, and I need to check out Kurt Vile's and Lana Del Rey's albums (even if I'm not a big fan of the latter). Also, Joanna Newsom and Destroyer are blind spots for me, so I need to give them a listen, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Josh: Songs work well as a cohesive whole on new Beach House album, goes for atmosphere, but I admit there aren’t any big hits. New Lana del Rey has a few good tracks, but it’s not her best. The Kurt Vile album is my #2 of the year at the moment. The new Destroyer I would say is skippable, not as great as Kaputt (2011)

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails