2013 tracks I'm listening to



Dance Apocalyptic - Janelle Monáe

(Really liked this track, thanks Cristi B for the recommendation. If you love Bond theme tunes, also check out Look Into My Eyes)





New Town Velocity - Johnny Marr

(Solo record from the guitarist of The Smiths. An underwhelming album, but love the single)




The Way Out - Porcelain Raft

(Porcelain Raft usually have 1-2 tracks I like on each new album)





Your Life Is A Lie – MGMT

(From MGMT's self-titled third album. Didn't love the record, this was the stand-out track)






Ready To Start (Arcade Fire cover) - Tears for Fears

(Just a superb cover, for me an improvement on the original)






Romanticise - Chela

(As someone wrote on youtube, a happiifyingg tuneeee!)







Afraid of the Dark - Ejecta

(The second half of the song is highly addictive. Ejecta's debut album, Dominae, is out in November.)



Heard any of these albums yet? Which music are you listening to at the moment? As always, share your opinions in the comments

7 comments:

  1. So glad you liked my recommendation. More people should know about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the minority of those that actually likes the new MGMT record and I also liked their last album. I've heard a lot about Janelle Monae but I couldn't get into her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @thevoid99: I haven’t listened to MGMT’s previous LPs. I noticed on a friends blog there is a song from MGMT on Kings of Summer soundtrack(really like that track ”The Youth”)
    J Monae has a particular style, I guess not for everyone.

    @Cristi B: Thanks again, wouldn’t have discovered the album if you hadn’t mentioned it! Me too, hope other visitors listen to her now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears for Fears covering Arcade Fire... interesting. I dig it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric @ The Warning Sign: Happy you enjoyed that cover. I've been listening to it a lot.

      Delete
  5. I just listened to The Electric Lady again earlier this week. I love "Dance Apocalyptic"! Nice to see you dig it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Josh: Yay, another fan of "Dance Apocalyptic"! So catchy that tune.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails