Songs for your iPod

New tracks I'm enjoying from 2012...


Fell Sound - Mirroring

(floating in space...the song comes alive at 0.26 )

Mirroring - 'Fell Sound' by BOILER ROOM





Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings - Father John Misty

(The album Fear Fun was released May 1st. I'm loving this tune! Amazon listed it among the 20 best albums of 2012 so far.)

Father John Misty - Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings by subpop

I'm Writing a Novel - Father John Misty

I'm Writing A Novel by subpop





The Narcissist - Dean Blunt (ft. Inga Copeland)

Dean Blunt - 'The Narcissist ft. Inga Copeland' by BOILER ROOM





(I already shared the amazing Man on Fire, here are a couple more I like. Could be the groups best album yet, pity about the album sleeve which looks embarrassingly amateurish! If you haven't already listened to their track HOME, I urge you to do so!)

Mayla - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros



Dear Believer - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros







Cold Sand - Teen Daze

(beautiful uplifting ambient)







Lighthouse - Patrick Watson



Words in the Fire - Patrick Watson



The Quiet Crowd - Patrick Watson






1904 – The Tallest Man On Earth

(His new album hits June 12th, and is currently streaming on NPR first listen )

The Tallest Man On Earth - "1904" by Dead Oceans

Criminals - The Tallest Man On Earth



Revelation Blues



Bright Lanterns - The Tallest Man on Earth








The new album is available this week on NPR first listen. I previously shared the promising Flutes. Track 9 and 10 are the best of the non-hits for me...

Ends Of The Earth – Hot Chip



Let Me Be Him – Hot Chip





Listeners, any thoughts on this weeks music?


6 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the cover for Fear Fun album!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sati: I agree, the artwork is something special! Would be interesting to find out more

      Delete
  2. I love Sigur Ros! Hot Chip perhaps at night... What I liked the most was Patrick. THANK YOU! I´ll listen his songs all day with Angus and Julia Stone-ALL OF ME (she has a delicate, broken and tender voice, addictive) and Ana Brun (such a powerfull voice! surprisingly she has a beautiful version of de song: Alfonsina y el mar. Alfonsina Storni was a poetess who lived in Argentina and took her life by jumping into the sea) Do you like these girls, Chris?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Analía: Thanks for sharing those beautiful tracks, and opinions also. My favorite from Ana Brun's 2012 record is Do You Remember. Angus and Julia Stone is new to me.

      If Patrick Wilson's voice is your taste, another talented male singer-singer (with an emotional vocal) I found is Nathaniel Rateliff, album:In Memory of Loss, was an obscure release from 2010 that more people should listen to. Who knows? Maybe you would enjoy his music ( :

      http://moviesandsongs365.blogspot.com/2011/03/songs-for-your-ipod.html

      Delete
  3. Cool selections, Chris! I have never heard of Father John Misty but I'm digging those tracks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eric, Fear Fun - Father John Misty has some addictive tracks! Perhaps they will give Fleet Foxes a run for their money ( :

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails